Monday, October 20, 2008

Larry's Funeral... a WHOPPER...




Larry died. His Will set aside $40,000 for an elaborate funeral.


As the last guests departed the cemetery, his wife Sarah turned to her oldest and dearest friend. "Well, I'm sure Larry would have been pleased," she said.

"I'm sure you're right," replied Jody, who lowered her voice and leaned in close. "How much did this funeral really cost?"

"All of it," said Sarah. "Forty thousand..."

"No!" Jody exclaimed. "I mean, it was very nice, but $40,000?"

Sarah answered, "The funeral was $6,500. I donated $500 to the church. The whiskey, wine and food cost another $500. The rest went for the memorial stone."

Jody computed quickly, "$34,500 for a memorial stone? My goodness, how big is it?"

"Four and a half carats."

/RRM

1 comment:

Politi Gal said...

Now that is funny! I thought you were going to zig and you zagged!